0) What is DBeaver?
Quite simply DBeaver is the best multi-database SQL IDE that I’ve used. It supports every JDBC connection that I’ve thrown at it and has advanced features for some of the more popular databases such as Mysql & Postgres. Many thanks to serge-rider for creating such an awesome tool.
1) Install Java
First we need to install java which can be easily by running the following command in terminal (homebrew required):
brew cask install java
Note: Previous versions of this article instructed an installation of the cask
jce-unlimited-strength-policy but that has been removed as its contents have been incorporated into the cask
java with the release of 9.0
- I recommend the newest version of Java as DBeaver regularly depreciates old versions of Java
- Java SE6 is not supported
2) Install DBeaver
- Download the latest version | Github Alternate
- After downloading drag and drop into your application folder
- The first time you run the application you may need to right-click on the application and then press open
Congratulations you’ve installed DBeaver!
Your next step is configuring a connection(s) to your database(s).